Thanksgiving Break November 20-24    ***    Final Exams December 20-22    ***    Winter Break December 23 - January 8

Amador Valley High

Outside Course Information


Non-PUSD Course Permission Form & Instructions

Researching and Verifying Non-PUSD Courses


Non-PUSD courses are offered by entities such as online providers, private schools, or public high school supplemental programs. It is important that you select courses that are UC/CSU approved.

Do not purchase a course until you have made sure the course is approved by your counselor.

Step 1: Go to the UC “A-G” website at:

Step 2: On that page, “All Course Lists” should be highlighted.

Step 3: In the search box, type in the name of a school or company that might have the course you are looking for and hit “Enter” or the “Search” icon. (There are some examples of schools on the bottom of this page).

Step 4: If the institution has been reviewed by the UC’s, it will appear as a choice to select.

Step 5: Click on the blue “View Course List.” You should now see a page showing all of the UC approved courses that the company or school offers. The courses are listed in the ‘A’ through ‘G’ categories in which they belong.

Step 6: If the a-g course list for the school or company you are reviewing does not have the course you are looking for, click “Back” and simply repeat the process above using a new school or company in the box (Step 3).

Step 7: After you have found an approved course, before enrolling or paying tuition, download, complete and submit the Non-PUSD Course Permission Request Form to your counselor.

For students who will be taking a course at a community college, you should download a concurrent enrollment recommendation form from the website of the community college where the course is offered. Complete and submit that form to your counselor.

While we cannot make recommendations about courses and the schools and companies that provide these courses, here are some examples of commonly used providers:

Online Providers

APEX Learning Virtual School

Brigham Young University (“TL” only)

Laurel Springs Online

National University Virtual High School

Private/Public High Schools

Quarry Lane (Private)

Fusion Academy (Private)


*Local Community Colleges

(*Do not use this form)

Las Positas College

Chabot College

Diablo Valley College

Ohlone College

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  Each 4-year college/university has its own entrance requirements.  The non-PUSD course you have requested to meet a graduation requirement for PUSD may not be accepted by the UC/CSU system, private colleges and universities, out-of-state institutions or NCAA as fulfilling entrance requirements.