- The student must earn a minimum 2.0 grade point average at the completion of the last grading period and receive no “F” grades. (Exception for entering freshman students.)
- The student must abide by the “PUSD Student Code of Conduct for Extracurricular & Co-curricular Activities.”
- The student is enrolled in six (7) classes, unless the Principal has approved a shortened schedule.
- The student was enrolled in 20 credits of work at the end of the previous grading period.
- The student must maintain minimum progress towards meeting high school graduation requirements as defined by the Board of Education.
Period of Eligibility
- The eligibility status of a student will be verified at the end of each grading period.
- A current student failing to meet the eligibility standards will be placed on probation for the next grading period and allowed to participate if he/she earned a grade point average of 1.75 or higher and received no more than one “F” grade.
- An incoming freshman must meet the current PUSD requirements (2.0 grade point average and no “F” grade). An entering freshman may be placed on probation and allowed to participate for the first grading period he/she is enrolled in PUSD, if he/ she earned a grade point average of 1.75 or higher and received no more than one “F.”
- Students must transfer to a PUSD school academically eligible with no pending discipline issues from the previous school.
- Sections “c” and “d” are intended to provide a safety net for students with extenuating circumstances and must be appealed to the Principal.
- A student on probation must improve his/her GPA to 2.0 and receive no “F” grades by the end of the next grading period in order to continue to participate.
- A student may only be on one (1) probation period per school year. Summer school credits shall be counted towards making up scholastic deficiencies incurred in the grading period immediately preceding.