All Seniors participating in Commencement Exercises are required to attend rehearsal on Friday, June 1, 2018 from 8:00 am to 11:00 am at the Football Stadium.
Commencement Admission Wristbands
Graduation wristbands are required for all guests and will be distributed to graduates at Student Activities beginning Tuesday, May 29th. Each student receives eight (8) wristbands. A valid student ID is required. All graduation requirements must be met and outstanding bills paid for student to receive wristbands. Lost or damaged wristbands cannot be replaced.
In May, students will have the opportunity to select their diploma presenter (from a list of current Amador staff only). Please look for an email from administration at that time.
Commencement will be held Friday, June 1, 2018 at 7:30 pm in the Football Stadium.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the ceremony. Graduates must park on the grass field at the rear of campus accessible through the Del Valle parking lot, which will open at 5:45 pm. Students should be ready to line up in front of the Library no later than 6:30 pm. The processional into the Stadium will start promptly at 7:30 pm. No graduates will be allowed to enter the line once the processional has begun.
- Graduates should leave purses and valuables with relatives or other guests. Dress is semi-formal: no shorts, jeans, flip-flops, or tennis shoes. All graduates wear purple gowns which must be zipped and should be ironed before wearing. Mortar board (caps) may not be decorated in any way, or they will be replaced with an undecorated cap. The mortar board is worn straight on the head with the tassel on the right side. Tassels are moved to the left side once all graduates have received diplomas.
- Graduates will receive diplomas in the Multipurpose Room following Commencement. Diplomas will not be issued to students with outstanding fines.
- Please allow adequate time for parking. Access to parking for guests who have disabled placards will be available at 5:00 pm on campus near the Large Gym, which is accessible through the main student parking lot on Santa Rita Road. Guests with special needs (elderly, disabled, injured, etc.) may be dropped off at this same location, and staff will drive them to the Stadium in a golf cart as needed.
- Guests should plan to be seated by 7:15 pm. Wristbands must be worn and visible before entering the Stadium. Attendees must remain seated until the ceremony is complete and all graduates have left the field.