We are working to create plans that follow the updated state guidance and our priority is to have an in-person graduation ceremony for our students. More details will be shared later in April. The updated state guidance outlines requirements for each colored tier and will impact that number of spectators that will be allowable at the ceremony. Any guests that may be allowed in less restrictive tiers will need to be from the same student household and cannot attend from out-of-state.
We will also be live streaming the event for those who are not able to attend as a member of the student's allowed number of household guests.
We know that this has been a difficult year for many of our seniors. We are grateful that we received updated guidance that will help us facilitate an in-person ceremony and we are looking forward to celebrating our Class of 2021!!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Terry Conde (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No rehearsal due to Alameda County Guidelines.
Commencement Admission Wristbands
Graduation wristbands are required for all guests and will be distributed to graduates at Student Activities beginning Tuesday, May 25th. A valid student ID is required. All graduation requirements must be met and outstanding bills paid for student to receive wristbands. Lost or damaged wristbands cannot be replaced.
In April, students had the opportunity to select their diploma presenter (from a list of current Amador staff only) via the Graduation survey.
Commencement will be held Friday, May 28, 2021, at 7:00 pm in the Amador Football Stadium.
- Student arrival information coming soon.
- Graduates: Masks are required upon arrival and must be worn for the entire ceremony.
- Graduates should leave purses and valuables with relatives or other guests. Dress is semi-formal: no shorts, jeans, flip-flops, or tennis shoes. All graduates wear purple gowns which must be zipped and should be ironed before wearing. Mortar board (caps) may be decorated. All language and images must be respectful and appropriate, and all items must fit on the top of the cap (with nothing hanging off the edges and nothing more than 1/4 inch on the top). All caps will be checked the night of graduation and if deemed inappropriate, you will either be given a blank cap or no cap if another one is not available. Decorate wisely! Make us proud with the caps! The mortar board is worn straight on the head with the tassel on the right side. Tassels are moved to the left side once all graduates have received diplomas.
- Graduates will receive diplomas via walk-up pick-up date. Dates coming soon. Diplomas will not be issued to students with outstanding fines.
- Please allow adequate time for parking. Access to parking for guests who have disabled placards will be available at 5:00 pm on campus near the Large Gym, which is accessible through the main student parking lot on Santa Rita Road. Guests with special needs (elderly, disabled, injured, etc.) may be dropped off at the main gate. Masks are required upon arrival and must be worn for the entire ceremony.
- Guests should plan to be seated by 6:45 pm. Wristbands must be worn and visible before entering the Stadium. Attendees must remain seated in their assigned 4-person reserved pod. Ushers will seat each pod accordingly.
- More information to be added within the week.