2 year/4 year College Information
Translation of this presentation may be available upon request. Please contact PUSD's Parent Liaisons
pleasantonusd.net) if needed.
- Writing Tips for the UCs
- Freshman: Personal Insight Question Tips
- CSU Freshman Application Checklist
- Transcript Request Form
- Information At-A-Glance
- Post High School Planning Timeline for Seniors
- College Application Cheat Sheet
Community College Info:
Seniors! Sign up in Naviance to come hear from local community college representatives about the early admission/registration process & deadlines in the Career Center on the following dates/times:
Las Positas College: Feb. 1st - March 1st
Ohlone College: Rolling - usually early March
Diablo Valley College: Rolling - usually early March
Check here for useful information while researching your options:
Private/Out of State College Applications:
Read the steps below carefully before you begin your common application or private/out of state college online applications.
For Common Application Colleges/Universities:
1. Register with Common App AFTER Aug. 1st.
2. Enter High School information, add at least one college, sign the FERPA Release Authorization, & Invite your Counselor on the Common App to enable them to upload transcripts, secondary school report forms, and/or letters of recommendation.
3. Complete the Letter of Recommendation survey in your Naviance account and provide a copy to your counselor and/or teacher who will be submitting letters on your behalf.
For Non-Common Application Colleges/Universities:
Instructions coming soon. Check back in September
For ALL Colleges you are applying to: Update/Add to your "Colleges I am applying to" list in Naviance (include all types - UCs, CSUs, Private/Out of State, Community Colleges). It is crucial that you maintain and update this list in your Naviance account regularly so that your counselor can advise you of important steps, dates, or information.
Seniors - see your counselor if you have questions!